Learn Face Plate Turning and come away with some nice bowls.
- Instructor: Ernie Conover
- Prerequisites: None.
- Max Enrollment: 5
- Price: $395 (includes all instruction time, materials & lunch)
- Date Offered: (Saturday & Sunday) March 5 & 6, 2016
In this two-day course you will turn a number of bowls from green wood while exploring lathes, tools, techniques and wood. After an explanation of wood technology and how to select the proper wood for bowls, Ernie will teach you how to properly sharpen your tools. He will then show you how to really make those tools work. You leave with the knowledge and ability to turn bowls quickly and efficiently and to keep your tools sharp
View Tool List for Basic
- Wood technology and the selection of proper wood
- Safe and proper chucking with both simple home made and commercial chucks
- Proper sharpening of all face plate tools
- Home made scrapers that out perform expensive commercial models.
- Proper turning techniques that yield fast and pleasing results
- Proper sanding techniques